Lizano SalsaTangy and delicious, Salsa Lizano is used in a variety of Costa Rican food including the most popular Tico dish, Gallo Pinto.
There are hundreds of other Lizano recipes that you should try as well, which is why we at Costa Rica Products started this website!
LizanoRecipes.com is a tribute to our favorite sauce in the world, that delicious, aromatic concoction cherished by Costa Rican locals and visitors alike: Lizano!
LIZANO SAUCE - CostaRicaProducts.com is THE online source to buy Salsa Lizano! We offer low prices, bulk discounts, and fast shipping.
Also shop for Costa Rican coffee, Sardimar tuna, chocolate-covered coffee beans, macadamia nuts, and much more.
These yummy Costa Rica recipes will be popular with your friends and family!
From dinner and main course dishes to delicious Costa Rican dessert recipes, almost everyone who goes to the land of Pura Vida comes back talking about the nutritious, hearty food.
Here are some of our favorite Lizano recipes.
*NOTE: Post your own recipes from Costa Rica at the Costa Rica Forum!
Costa Rica Recipes
Roast Pork with Salsa Lizano
This great recipe comes from CostaRicaProducts.com. They say that it's "like a Costa Rican version of BBQ pulled pork, but much better."
1. Cut the pork loin into 2 or 3 large pieces so it will fit in either a crockpot or stovetop pot.
2. Put the pork loin into the pot along with the garlic, salt, pepper, Lizano, Chipotle Sauce, and half the chopped cilantro.
3. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours in the crockpot, or simmer for 1 to 2 hours on the stovepot (or until fork tender).
4. Garnish with the rest of the fresh cilantro and serve with white rice and black beans.
Gallo Pinto Recipe
This is an easy version of Gallo Pinto, perhaps not quite as authentic as the typical Costa Rican Gallo Pinto but much quicker when you want Tico food in a pinch.
1. Season and cook black beans and simmer.
2. Cook white rice.
3. Chop cilantro, red pepper and onion into fine pieces.
4. Sauté the rice, beans, onion, pepper and cilantro together in vegetable oil for a few minutes. Stir in Salsa Lizano and, if a hotter version is preferred, stir in the Habanero Hot Sauce.
5. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve. YUM!
Costa Rican Iced Coffee
This simple recipe will make you want to brew extra Costa Rican coffee every morning just to have enough left over for an iced coffee.
Note: Makes 1 serving. Increase ingredients as needed.
Stir together coffee, milk, sugar, chocolate and honey until blended. Serve over ice.
Or, for a delicious iced coffee shake, blend all of the mixture and ice in a blender!
Recommended Costa Rican coffees for this recipe: